MTN Xtrabyte is the latest coming from the network provider which afford its customers the opportunity to borrow data and pay later. Recalled the MTN Xtratime that allows its subscribers borrow airtime of some certain amount then payback later. well this new service isnt far fetched from it.
The new MTN XtraByte service was launched on Monday 8th of August, giving eligible MTN subscribers the opportunity to borrow data bundle anytime they run out of data and pay back upon your subsequent recharge.
MTN Xtrabyte – How To Borrow Data From MTN
How then can one borrow data from mtn using this service, well you should note that you have to be eligible in order to be able to borrow, same rules which applies to mtn xtratime is also applicable here, Now while the MTN Xtratime service allow its customers to borrow credit and use it as they wish, the advantage of the XtraByte service is that, you need not to first borrow airtime before using it to buy data. you can however read how to get mtn double data bonus
Interestingly, with this new service customers can now borrow both airtime and data through mtn xtrabyte offer as long as you are eligible to do so. it now begs the question of how to be eligible for this service?
How to be eligible for MTN Xtrabyte and borrow data from mtn
- Your SIM must be registered
- Your number must have been active on the network for at least 3 months
- Your main account balance must be between N0 – N12
- You must be eligible, dial *606# to check your eligibility
- You can borrow data, even though you are yet to pay back your loaned Airtime from MTN.
- You cannot borrow Data or Airtime multiple times
- You can borrow 10MB, 30MB, 100MB, 200MB, and 750MB
- MTN will deduct the equivalent of the amount you borrowed via airtime the instant your recharge.
- To check your xtrabytes data balance, dial *606#
- The data you borrowed has the same expiry date as your normal data bundle.
- You won’t be able to transfer the data you borrowed to another MTN line
- MTN will charge you 10% extra untop of the data you are borrowing.