If you have been searching for how to root your infinix hot 4, then am glad to announce to you that you have finally reached the promise land, the device which has been trending for a while now, owning to its large battery as against any infinix hot series.
You might be asking, why do i need to root my hot 4 ?? like a novice i once were i didn’t believe in rooting not until i tried to uninstall some bloatware that came pre-installed with my phone only to discovered i couldn’t not until i root
Asking why you need to root your smartphone is like an iPhone users asking the need to jailbreak his/her iOS, well in the summary, rooting grant you administrative privileged to do and undo lol.. in most cases undo becomes a bit difficult.
Disclaimer: this site and its developers are not responsible if you should brick your phone in the process, ensure you are conversant with flashing custom ROMs and also using SP flash tool before carrying out this process.
Why you need TWRP Recovery before you can root, the TWRP for infinix hot 4 becomes very important to root the device, cause you will need to first port the custom recovery to your hot 4 thereafter you can now root. in this article you will learn how to root infinix hot 4
Interestingly the TWRP Recovery for infinix hot 4 comes with a beautiful material design and it is made available by the TWRP team once successfully installed on your hot 4 you can then make a full backup of your stock ROM thereby allowing you to flash any custom rom compatible with the device
Without any further ado, shall we proceed straight to how to root infinix hot 4, but before then, download the required files needed below.
-Ensure your device is charged above 50%
-Ensure your PC is fully charged as well
-Download VCOM DRIVER for Infinix hot 4
-Download SP flash tool to your PC and extract
-Download superSU.zip to your device
-Download TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot 4
How to install TWRP On Infinix Hot 4 X557
- Now before we proceed, make sure you must have downloaded all the required files from the link provided above.
- On your mobile, go to settings >> click on about >> and tap on “build number” 8 times, a prompt will come up saying “you are now a developer” , after which go back, you should see developer option, click on it and then turn on USB debugging.
- After which, extract the MT65x3_USB_VCOM_DRIVER.zip and install the pre-loader VCOM drivers simply by running the “Installdriver.exe” file.
- Now make sure you have extracted the files above extract SP flash tool to your PC and lauch the flash_tool.exe file.
- After which, you extract the TWRP, you should find scatter text in the zip.
- Launch your flash_tool.exe file, click on scatter loading, locate and select the scatter file in the extracted folder and wait for it to load.
- Once it has been loaded, untick all if ticked and tick only “recovery” then double click beside it and navigate to your device specified custom recovery.img as shown in the caption below.
- Now switch off your Infinix smart phone, then click on “download” once clicked, connect it to the PC via a USB cable so flashing process will begin automatically
- wait for the flashing process to be completed, but while flashing is processing do not tamper with the USB cable neither should you interrupt the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process has been completed, detach the USB cable from your device [do not turn on your phone] and then boot in to recovery mode by pressing and holding power button + volume up key simultaneously for 5secs.
CONGRATULATIONS!! you have successfully installed TWRP recovery to Infinix hot 4.
How to root Infinix Hot 4 X557
- Move the downloaded superSU file to the root of your internal memory (by root i mean in no folder at all, just paste in the internal memory)
- Thereafter, Switch off your phone and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding power button + volume up simultaneously for 5secs.
- While in TWRP menu, click on install, navigate to where the superSU file is and select it, then swipe to begin flashing process.
- Once flashing is completed, click on reboot, to confirm if you have root access, download and install root checker from playstore.
CONGRATULATIONS!! you have successfully root to your Infinix hot 4
You can drop your feedback via the comment section.. regards to my friend at enochtekng!!