Recalled we previously published an article on how to upgrade Gionee M5 Mini to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, well here today we have bring you how to flash, install or download CM12.1 : CyanogenMod12.1 Custom ROM For Gionee M5 Mini and its for all those who may be in need of it
Just like the CyanogenMod12.1 for Tecno Boom J8, this rom is as smooth as it can be, sleek, very responsive and of course beautiful, however we’ll sound same warning as always, and its for no one but those who may have tweaked their device imei to take full backup of it before proceeding
Before we move to where you can download CM12.1 Custom ROM For Gionee M5 Mini, shall we take a quick look at few of its features, which seems to be similar to that of the Boom J8 considering they both run same OS from same developer
Features of CyanogenMod12.1 for Gionee M5 Mini
- It comes with some nice pre-installed themes
- You can as well use any fonts from the pre-installed fonts
- Likewise you can freeze any app you so desire in order to free up space and ram
- Gapps supported
- USB OTG works smoothly
- WiFi Hotspot
Gionee M5 Mini CyanogenMod12.1 custom ROM Screenshots
How to Flash or Download CyanogenMod12.1 Custom ROM For Gionee M5 Mini
” Disclaimer; this site and its developers will not be held responsible if you should brick your device in the process of flashing this ROM, we however advice you follow strictly the steps stated below only if you conversant with flashing of custom ROMs using SP flash tool before you proceed, better still get someone who does!!! “
- Having agreed to the above disclaimer, the first thing you need is to ensure you have TWRP installed on your Gionee M5 Mini
- Once the above step is met, you may proceed to download CM12.1 ROM for M5 Mini as provided below.
- Now, move the downloaded files to the root of your SD card (by root of SD card, we meant in no folder at all)
- Thereafter, Switch off your M5 Mini and boot it into recovery mode ( press and holding power button + volume up simultaneously for 5secs )
- Once in recovery mode, scroll to wipe and select
- After that, go back to the recovery main menu and click “Install”, now locate the rom you downloaded on your SD card and select it to start installation.
- Now once installation is completed, go back to the recovery menu and click on reboot
PS: First reboot might takes up to 8mins, so you need to be patient while it does..
Download Gionee M5 Mini CM12.1 : CyanogenMod12.1 Custom ROM here – download Gapp here ( NOTE: download and flash this only if Google playstore does not work after installing the rom ) – download Camera fix here and don’t forget to drop your feedback via the comment section.
ROM Credits; Swiss carter