Sometimes you get frustrated when your 4G network suddenly switches to 2G while browsing on the internet,but is this are there any way to force 4G or 3G WCDMA mode on your smartphone
Well the answer is yes and if that is what you are looking for then you are in the right place for information.
Two different types of codes will be provided in this post based on forcing 3G WCDMDA or 4G mode on your smartphone
But the unfortunate thing there is that you might not have network coverage if you are in a location where 3G or 4G network is not supported.
Keep it in mind that the two codes that will be provided below may not work perfectly o every smartphone
How to Force 3G WCDMDA or 4G Mode on Your Smartphone
Using The First Option (1)
- In your call dialer type in *#*#4636#*#* and you will be see a screen pop-up with a menu like the one below;
- Tap on Phone information note that If your phone supports dual sim, phone information 1 is for sim 1 while phone information 2 is for sim 2.
- Now move down until you see a drop down menu that will enable you to select WCDMA only or LTE only
- Once you do justice to your option then you can go back and you are done.
Using The Second Option
- In your call dilaer type in *#*#2846579#*#* and you will be see a screen pop-up with a menu like the one below then select Project Menu.
- Select Network setting and choose Network Mode under network settings
- Select 3G only and you are through.
However if any of these options does not work for you you can follow this third option below;
Download the app at Google play store link ( app lets you dial the right code for your phone model and then completes the 3G/4G only data mode) click here to download,once downloaded Install it and complete then follow the on screen commands.