If you have been searching for a way on how to upgrade Infinix Hot 4 X5557 to Android 70 Nougat then you have come to the right place for information.
Last year Infinix Hot 4 X557 was released and launched with an android version running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Then thereafter android 7.0 Marshmallow was released for Infinix note 3 users,this call made Infinix hot 4 users to long for a nougat update and fortunately their quest has been solved.
So in this tutorial we will be sharing a tutorial on how to upgrade infinix hot 4 X557 to android 70 Nougat.
Still all our thanks goes to infinix because of the android update release they give out instead of releasing phone here and there for users to purchase in order to get the latest android update version which means they are focusing on the interest of their users.
How To Update Infinix Hot 4 X557 To Android 7.0 Nougat
Before we move on, I would like you to know that there are three different ways with which you can upgrade your devices
- Via OTA upgrade
- Via Infinix SP flash tool
- TF card upgrade
NOTE: its advisable you use the TF card upgrade method .
Via OTA (Over The Air) Upgrade;Most of us have gotten used to this form of update, as for those whom their device have been rooted, we are imploring you to unroot your device beforecarrying out an OTA update in orderto avoid stories that touches eg; bootloop or bricking your device.
Infinix SP Flash Tool; this happens to be the complex part, however before you proceed with this method, you will need to have those requirements listed below;
- Download MTK USB Driver for Windows 7
- Get MTK USB Device Driver for Windows 8 And 10
- Download Sp Flash Tool
After you must have download them launch the SP flash tool and run as Administrator then follow the steps below;
- Click browse,and then locate and select the scatter file for android 7.0nougat ROM, after selecting click on the download button on SP flash tool
- -After that turn off your device and connect it to PC using a USB cable , when connected, the upgrade process should begin and you will see a yellow meter counting down that will display on your screen.
- -Once it attains 100%, just be patient till you see a “green good mark sign” before you unplug the USB cable from your device, then finally you can switch on your device, First boot takes about 10 minutes, so be patient.
Upgrading Via TF Card; This method is very easy to perform so many people will find this method very appealing there is no need for you to to start downloading USB device driver softwares in fact you don’t even need a PC for this
All you just have to do is to download the TF card update from the link that will be provided below and then move it to the root of your SD card.
Follow the steps below to complete the setup
- Firstly,Open your app drawer, locate and tap on “system update”.
- Tap on the three dots on the top right hand corner and click “update from local”, and once it opens your files in storage, locate and select the TF card file which you downloaded on your SD card.
- Once selected, click on install, your device will switch off and the upgrade process for android 7.0 nougat will begin
- NOTE: make sure your device is charged above 50% before carrying out this process. Once the upgrade has been completed, device should boot on its own.
SP Flash tool for Android 7.0 nougat firmware upgrade (2 + 16)
TF Card Android 7.0 nougat firmware upgrade (2+16)