The long awaited BlackBerry 10 software and Z10 touchscreen smartphone has been finally launched by BlackBerry, the name by which Research In Motion now calls itself. The Z10 device comes in a full touchscreen display and it is the first phone to run the BB 10 mobile OS. The company also revealed the BB Q10 smartphone that has the trademark BlackBerry keyboard.
BlackBerry Z10 is an all touch device with a 4.2 inch screen
|BlackBerry Q10 has a QWERTY keyboard|
BlackBerry is betting that Z10 and Q10 will help the company capture a market dominated by Samsung and Apple. The Z10 & Q10 BB devices both run on the BB 10 OS, but while Z10 is a 4.2 inch touch-screen phone with a resolution of 1,280 x 768, Q10 has a QWERTY keyboard.
According to the company, both BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 have the ability to flick words while typing, in effect translating into an experience that allows writing without typing.
It always has a cinematic experience, said Vivek Bharadwaj, head of software f or BlackBerry.
The glass is designed exclusively for this device: it is supposedly thinner but stronger than plastic. The device aggregates information intuitively; it recognises and pulls up all the connections into the contacts, like the last email, last meeting, last twitter post … All of this without leaving the hub.
Apps like Facebook have been completely integrated with the BlackBerry 10 hub. All emails and notifications from such applications as Twitter and Facebook go to the BlackBerry Hub, a nerve center accessible with a finger swipe even if you have another application open. One can peek into it and open an email, or return to the previous application without opening the email.
BlackBerry Z10 key Specifications:
- Processor: Dual Core 1.5GHz TI OMAP 4470・ Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 (US and Canada)
- Radio: Quad Band HSPA+ / UMTS (850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz) ・Quad Band GSM / GPRS (850/900/1800MHz) ・Quad Band LTE: Bands 2,4,5,13,17 (700, 850,1700, 1900MHz)
- Display: 4.2”, 4 point multi-touch LCD display, 1280 x 768 resolution at 356 DPI, Touch On Lens
- Camera: 8MP rear facing camera, Auto Focus, 5x digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording ・2MP front facing camera, 3x digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- Memory: 2GB RAM ・16GB Internal Storage ・Hot Swappable microSD Slot
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n ・2.4/5GHz ・4G Mobile Hotspot
- GPS: Assisted, Autonomous, and Simultaneous GPS
- Battery: 1800mAh Removable ・Talk Time: up to 10 hours on 3G・Standby Time: up to 305 hours on 3G, up to 316 hours on 2G・Audio Playback: up to 60 hours・Video PlayBack: up to 11 hours
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: NFC ・microUSB ・microHDMI-Out ・Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Size (LxWxD): 130mm x 65.6mm x 9mm
BlackBerry Q10 key specifications:
- Display: 3.1-inch AMOLED touchscreen, 720 x 720, 328 ppi
- Processor: Dual-core 1.5 GHz TI OMAP 4470 processor
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: BlackBerry 10 OS 2GB
- Memory: RAM microSD up to 32GB
- Camera: 8 MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash. 2 MP 720p front camera
- Radio: HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; LTE
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC
- Battery:Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery
- Size: 10.3mm thickness 139g
Source : Justnaira.com