Have you ever imagined or thought of how you could actually get your token code without the token device itself, am sure many may have, I could recall while I was in school, I bought one for 3k, imagine ooo 3k for a small tiny thing like that lol, the point is, it got stolen one faithful day on a queue, while trying to cash out from ATM
I just couldn’t cry mehn, as I was rendered helpless and forced to make purchase for another, imagine there was a way I could have generated the security code, you think I wont jump up and use my 3k for either food stuffs or so lol.
But the Good news is You can now use your phone number which is linked to your GTBank account to generate token which is alternative to the hardware token for internet banking.
Why do I even need a token code in the first place?
There are a number of actions that you may want carry out through GTB’s mobile banking application or internet banking that would require you to generate a code on your hardware token, which you would have to enter to complete the action. These actions include but not limited to the following
- Transferring funds to other GTB accounts (Intra-Bank Transfer)
- Transferring funds to accounts in other banks (Inter-Bank Transfer)
- Hot-Listing your card
- Paying bills like cable TV bills and others
- Purchasing airtime for your GSM line
- Opening a new account
- Retrieving the details of your card and so on.
In the nut shell, you don’t need to carry your GTBank token device with you everywhere you go like necklace anymore. Just dial the GTBank USSD token code on your phone, enter your NUBAN, enter the last 6 digits of your GTBank Naira Mastercard and you are good to go.>
How To Generate GTBank Token Code via USSD
>> Dial *737*7# on the phone number linked to your GTBank account
>> Enter your NUBAN account number
>> Enter the last 6 digits of your GTBank debit card
- Thats it ooooo.. Imagine so fast and smooth
- The token code will be displayed and you can use it to complete your transaction.
- Kindly note that the generated token code expires in 60 seconds.