It’s no news that tecno Camon C8 has an android marshmallows 6.0 upgrade, which we believe many of Camon C8 users are already running on marshmallows, however due to the request we received as regards the process to root this great device we have decided to publish an article in this regard. Interestingly our friends at Hovatek already released an article on this so we thought to bring to you guys here isnt a bad idea.
How To Root Tecno Camon C8
>>VComm Drivers… download it here
>>CWM for Tecno Camon C8 Marshmallow ported by Team Hovatek… download it here
1. Extract the downloaded vcom driver.
2. Go to device manager>click action>click add legacy hardware
3. Under welcome to add new hardware click next
4. Select advanced option and click next
5. Select ‘show all devices’ and click next.
6. Click have disk
7. Browse to your vcom extracted folder and select the driver setup up file and click
open, then ok.
8. Select Mediatek preloader usb vcom driver and click next.
How Can I Root Tecno Camon C8 Running on Android 6.0?
>>Download the ported CWM for Tecno C8 Android 6.0 by Team hovatek here
>>Unzip the CWM zip file and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP flash tool ( You can download SP Flash tool here)
How Can I Flash Using SP Flash Tool?
==>In cwm recovery, Choose install zip from sdcard- to Choose zip from sdcard use vol up and down scroll up and down then choose the SuperSU.zip file from the root of your sdcard.
Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.
==>If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No