Today we will share a detailed tutorial on how you can root your infinix hot s and port TWRP Recovery on same X521, the device which runs on android 6.0 marshmallow with infinix customized xos rom out of box making it a bit difficult to root but hey, don’t be scared, it definitely can be rooted.
We just must acknowledge the brains behind most of this rooting guides and that’s no other but hovatek team they have proved very useful over time, providing series of stock roms, and of course porting most of this rom thereby making it possible to root or flash.
Disclaimer; this site and its developers are not responsible if you should brick your phone in the process, ensure you are conversant with flashing of TWRP and SP Flash Tool before carrying out this process.
Having acknowledged the disclaimer, shall we then proceed, this guide you are about to read will give you easy procedure on how to root infinix hot s and port twrp recovery, all you need do is follow each and every step put together, and ensure you are calm while doing so.
You must have been wondering, why root your hot s, why port twrp recovery, well i will sure try my possible best to and that in its simplest form, rooting your phone gives you administrative privileged, thereby allowing you to uninstall any of the pre-installed apps that you are not using, it also affords you the opportunity to customize your hot s to your taste.
Porting Twrp on infinix hot s on the other hands allow you to back up your full and complete rom for safekeeping, which means at any point in time you can simply flash back your previously backed up rom to either recover your phone or whatsoever.
Requirements you must certify To Root Infinix Hot S And Port TWRP Recovery
There are few things you must have before you can root your hot s, what and what are those things?? kindly see the list below.
- Your Original USB Cable to connect your device to PC
- You must have SP Flash tools installed on your Pc : Download SP Flash Tool
- Likewise, You must have installed VCOM Drivers on your pc : Download VCOM drivers
- Lastly, you must have flashed infinix hot s Recovery img : Download Recovery.img for Infinix hot S [you can google how to install it just in case you don’t]
If you, however, have previously flashed any rom with sp flash on your computer, then you do not need 1 – 3, you do need 4, but if you are a novice to this, biko download and install all and follow the instruction to the letter.
However before you can root the hot s, you must have ported twrp recovery to it, which then allows you to boot into the recovery mode with which you can then root.
How to port TWRP recovery to Infinix Hot S X521
- Before we begin, it is important you download and extract the files provided above.
- after which you locate the folder you extracted the SP flash tool to, it should look like “open flash_tool.exe” and launch it,
- Once the SPflash tool is done loading, click on the download/browse file then locate and select this scatter file MT6753_Android_Scatter.exe.
- Now power off your phone, click on “download” tab in the SP flash tool and after which connect your device via USB cable to PC.
- While flashing is in process, do not tamper nor disconnect the USB connection while flashing is still in progress
- Once the flashing process is done, you will see a green good mark symbol like the one in the caption below
Once done you disconnect your device from the USB cable and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding volume down + power button simultaneously for 5secs.
Congratulations! you have successfully ported twrp to your Infinix Hot S, now you can proceed to root your device
How to root Infinix Hot S X521
- First, download superSU file and move it into the internal storage of your hot s (don’t place it in any folder at all, just in your internal memory)
- Thereafter, switch off your Android device and boot it into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding volume down + power button simultaneously.
- While in the recovery main menu, select Install, then locate and select the superSU file you placed in the root of your internal memory, select yes to flash.
- Once the flashing process is completed, go back to the recovery main menu and click on “reboot”.
Congratulations! you have successfully rooted your Infinix hot S X521, you can confirm your root status by simply downloading root checker from play store.
If you do have any feedback whatsoever, do make use of the comment box below and I will get back to you shortly. You can download apk below.