Yes iOS 10 update has been released, but you need to be very careful with the update, today we will be looking at how to update or install iOS 10 on iPhone and of course iPad, however before we move to that..
We will like to inform you that there have been series of report of iOS 10 update bricking iPhones and iPads for some users, while some requires iTunes to restore, which prompted Apple to release a statement saying they have resolved the issue..
We experienced a brief issue with the software update process, affecting a small number of users during the first hour of availability. The problem was quickly resolved and we apologize to those customers. Anyone who was affected should connect to iTunes to complete the update or contact Apple Care for help.
However it seems the issue hasn’t been resolved after all, as many users took to twitter to express their disappointment, stating their iPhone or iPad got bricked while attempting to update to iOS 10, so on this note we will advice you to take the following precaution before you go ahead with with procedure
Before you jump into the update, make sure your device is fully backed up just in case. You may also want to take the safer route, installing via a wire, or better still locate any Apple care center nearest to you to get yours updated to iOS 10
As a matter of fact not all iPhones are eligible for the upgrade, why not check out eligible iOS devices to see if yours is among, though the iOS 10 is available as a free software update for iPhone 5 and later, all iPad Air and iPad Pro models, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini 2 and later, and iPod touch 6th generation. but quite Unfortunate, iPhone 4s won’t be getting iOS 10 updates
By now i assume you have read the warning, so you still want to proceed to install iOS 10 to your iPhone or iPad, well follow the steps below on how to update iPhone to iOS 10
How To Update Iphone and iPad to iOS 10 Latest Version
- First and foremost, locate your Settings icon on your home screen and tap
- Thereafter locate the sub menu labeled “General,” and tap it also
- Now look for “Software Update,” which will prompt your iPhone or iPad to search for any available updates coming directly from Apple.
- Once your device finds iOS 10 it’ll prompt you to download and install the update.
- Once the update is done downloading, hit the “Install Now” button that pops up and sit back as iOS 10 is applied to your device.
- After the update has been applied, your device will restart and you’ll be taken through a setup process for the new features arriving in iOS 10
There you go, i wish you success!!!! but just in case you end up bricking yours, kindly rush down to Apple Care Center to get it fixed..