The easiest guide on how to root tecno phantom 6 ( A6 ) withing mins with your computer : Do you own the tecno phantom 6 and have been trying to root it, am glad to inform you that Team Hovatek has done it again
Sincerely porting of roms and providing tips to root smartphones most especially those that run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow don’t come easy, despite this they have always been consistent they provide most of the tips on you can possibly find here in Nigeria.
You would recall tecno phantom 6 was launched not too long ago and we are sure those of you who may have ought theirs are currently enjoying the beauty and of course the power embedded in it
Why you need to root your tecno phantom 6
Am sure some of you might be wondering why you need to root your phantom 6, well in a short form rooting your device gives you administrative privileged, thereby allowing you to uninstall any of the pre installed apps that you are not using, likewise you get to tweak your phone and of course you get to port any custom rom for phantom 6
That being said, it is in your best interest to let your device remain the way you bought if you know you are not too good with flashing of roms, we sound this warning so as to avoid stories that touch, but then there shouldn’t be any stories if you adhere strictly to the steps below on how to root tecno phantom 6
Disclaimer; * this site and its developers are not responsible if you should brick your phantom 6 in the process, pls kindly ensure you are conversant with flashing of roms and SP Flash Tool before carrying out this process.
Having acknowledge the disclaimer, shall we humbly proceed, this guide is an easy procedure on how to root tecno phantom 6 and is made possible by Team Hovatek : all you need do is follow each and every steps put together and ensure you are calm while doing so.
Requirements to root phantom 6
- As rightly stated above, you need to be calm and exercise patience in following the steps involved
- Twrp recovery image for phantom 6 (download here)
- Super SU.zip (download it here)
- Unlocking the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)
How To Root Tecno Phantom 6
- Copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your device and SD card.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide here
- Extract and copy the phantom 6 twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Unlock Tecno Phantom 6 bootloader by following the steps here
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
- Immediately it boot into fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing this command ( fastboot boot recovery.img for phantom 6 )
- The device should automatically enter twrp recovery mode
- In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
- If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to your SD Card where you saved the SuperSU2.76.zip you downloaded and select it
- Thereafter, Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
You need to chill while flashing is in progress, once completed Reboot your phone normally.
Congratulations!!! You have successfully root your phantom 6 you can confirm by installing root checker.