Many of you may have been searching for where to download CM12.1 : CyanogenMod12.1 Custom ROM For Tecno Boom J8 , Well today the good news you have been waiting for has finally arrived, but before we proceed to how to install it, we shall examine few of the features of the rom
The last time we published an article on rom was on Tecno Droidpad 7C Pro Stock ROM which many of the device users has downloaded and were able to flash successfully, well today’s custom rom is the true definition of beauty , smoothness, fastness and of course stable
So if you happened to be one of Boom J8 users you need not be told before you download CM12.1 Custom ROM For Tecno Boom J8, however it would be wise to sound a fair warning to few of those who may have tweaked their imei to do a full backup before proceeding with this, but before then shall we fill our eyes with lovely screenshots from the rom
Tecno Boom J8 CyanogenMod12.1 custom ROM Screenshots
Features of CM12.1 custom rom for boom J8
- It comes with many pre-installed themes
- You also get to use different fonts from the list of pre-installed fonts
- With CM12.1 you can freeze any application you’re not using in order to free up space and ram
- It supports Gapps
- USB OTG works flawlessly
- WiFi Hotspot
How to Flash or Download CyanogenMod12.1 Custom ROM For Tecno Boom J8
” Disclaimer; this site and its developers will not be held responsible if you should brick your device in the process of flashing this ROM, we however advice you follow strictly the steps stated below only if you conversant with flashing of custom ROMs using SP flash tool before you proceed, better still get someone who does!!! “
- Having agreed to the above disclaimer, the first thing you need is to ensure you have TWRP installed on your TECNO boom J8
- Once the above step is met, you may proceed to download CM12.1 ROM for Boom J8 as provided below.
- Now, move the downloaded files to the root of your SD card (by root of SD card, we meant in no folder at all)
- Thereafter, Switch off your Boom J8 and boot it into recovery mode ( press and holding power button + volume up simultaneously for 5secs )
- Once in recovery mode, scroll to wipe and select
- After that, go back to the recovery main menu and click “Install”, now locate the rom you downloaded on your SD card and select it to start the installation.
- Now once installation is completed, go back to the recovery menu and click on reboot
PS: First reboot might takes up to 8mins, so you need to be patient while it does..
Download Tecno Boom J8 CM12.1 : CyanogenMod12.1 Custom ROM here – Also download Gapps ( NOTE: download and flash this only if Google playstore does not work after installing the rom ) and don’t forget to drop your feedback via the comment section.
ROM Credits: enochtekNG