Umi has finally rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA for its Umi Plus users to upgrade, as a matter of fact, the update was released Over The Air (OTA) yesterday, Well today we’ll be considering how to upgrade Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA
Although i doubt if anyone has rooted his or her, however that’s not to say the device isn’t rootable, it sure is, so if yours is already rooted, we’ll advice you skip the OTA update and get yourself the flashable rom to avoid stories that touch, without wasting much of your time, shall we take a quick look at some interesting features to expect
Umi Plus Android 7.0 Nougat Update Features
- The new Nougat update comes with Vulkan API support for enhanced 3D graphics
- It also comes with quick Customization settings menu as well as direct reply via message notifications;
- What about the Multi-Window view support and the ability to easily switch between apps
- Also, the latest Umi Plus Android 7.0 Nougat Update comes with more than 1500 emojis and multi-locale settings.
How to upgrade Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA
- First and foremost, do a complete backup of your device
- Back up your app settings if possible
- Since the update is Over the Air ( OTA ) and you should get a prompt to download, ensure you have enough data to download update
- Also, ensure your phone is charged up to 70% before you begin installation
- Once installation is complete, you will have to set up your umi plus and fingerprint ID since both previous settings and Fingerprint ID has been wiped off
Now you can restore all your apps, and enjoy your new OS and don’t forget to share this guide on how to update your umi plus to android 7.0 if you find helpful..