Here’s the easiest guide on how to root xiaomi mi note 2 and port custom twrp recovery, oh maybe what you have been searching for is how to unroot xiaomi mi note 2, then relax today is your lucky day, in this article, we shall examine the procedure, steps and the best way to safely root or unroot your note 2 without fear of bricking
You would recall not too long ago we published how to upgrade Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Redmi Note 3 is a far better superior to the Note 2, but that’s not where we’re going today, the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 packs a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor and comes in two storage variants such as the 4/6 GB RAM and 64/128 GB ROM versions.
That being said, Mi Note features a 5.7 inches IPS display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. while a 22.5-mega pixels autofocus rear camera shooter is mounted at the back for crystal clear picture quality, without any further delay, we shall first examine the best and easiest method to root xiaomi mi note 2 while how to unroot xiaomi mi note 2 will follow shortly after, but before there’s a need to take a look at those things you must put in place for a successful root
Requirements to root xiaomi mi note 2
- Sincerely, we advice you first take a full backup of your device
- Thereafter, ensure your phone is charged to at least 80%
- Also, since the procedure involved requires a pc, it then becomes important to charge your system or use while on a stable power supply
- Another thing you sure need is unlock bootloader Xiaomi Mi Note 2 by Xiaomi official site, then you may proceed to download the following files
- Download Xiaomi Mi Note 2 USB Driver
- You can download Xiaomi Mi Note 2 TWRP Recovery
- Download Xiaomi Mi Note 2 SuperSU Zip
- Download Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Fast-boot tool
” Disclaimer; this site and its developer will not be held responsible if you should brick your device in the process of trying out this procedure, we however advice you follow strictly the steps stated below only if you conversant with flashing of custom ROMs using SP flash tool before you proceed, better still get someone who does!!! “
How to root xiaomi mi note 2 and port twrp custom recovery
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi Note 2 ADB driver on your PC from the link above and enable Developer option and USB debugging mode on your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 by this guide .
- Download and copy SuperSU Zip file in the phone SD card.
- Now download and extract TWRP Recovery and Fast-boot tool and move TWRP Recovery (recovery.img) file in the Fast-boot tool folder.
- Then press and hold shift key in the keyboard and right click in the extracted Fast boot tool folder and select “Open command window here”.
- Now connect Xiaomi Mi Note 2 with PC via USB cable and type adb reboot bootloader to boot your phone in the bootloader or fastboot mode. if this CMD command is not work for reboot bootloader or fastboot mode, then switch off your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 and press volume down and power button. You will get a vibration and your device will boot in recovery mode, then you select Reboot to Bootloader.
Note: Now your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 in the bootloader or fastboot mode, So you type fastboot devices in the command window then press enter key. This command show connected device in the command window and you can see your Smartphone serial number. If command window is not show your device serial number. Then install USB driver correctly or change your USB port of the PC.
- If your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 connected, then type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command in the command window and press enter key to flash TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
Now type fastboot boot recovery.img to boot in recovery mode. Then tap on install tab or button and select “SuperSU.zip” file from your save location on your phone SD card and install this file.
Finally, reboot your phone. To verify if the phone was successfully rooted, download Root checker app from playstore.
How to unroot xiaomi mi note 2
There are many reasons to want to unroot a phone, one of them might be trying to install an update pushed to your device, if a user fails to, and then proceed to upgrade or install the update pushed on his device, the user stand a chance of bricking his/her smartphone, so to be safe the best way to go about updating any smartphone already rooted is to either perform a complete unroot or download the full flashable rom of the update he intend to install
- Launch Su App from your app menu
- Now tap on Setting and scroll to find “Full Unroot” option
- Finally, click on full unroot to compete the task..
For those of you who may have been searching for how to root or unroot xiaomi note 2, well i hope this help, you can drop your comment, question or issues via the comment box, and don’t forget to share with your friends!! you can also check out how to upgrade or update Gionee M5 Mini to Android 6.0 Marshmallow