Have you been recently locked out on your iPhone because you forgot your passcode? well today, i will show you 3 easy steps on how to Factory reset iPhone without passcode either via iTunes backup, iCloud, or by restoring iTunes recovery mode,Sounds cool right? There’s a catch,..
Of course when you factory reset any device, you literally wipe all settings on the phone, so you should bare this in mind before you proceed, more of the reason it pays to keep your phone backup at all time. Being an iPhone user, you should know most of the tweaking requires pc, unlike Android, although, there’re cases in which rooting or tweaking your Android device also involves pc
How to factory reset iPhone without Passcode
Method 1 : Boot iPhone into Recovery Mode and restore using iTunes:
- Download the RecBoot tool.
- Connect iPhone to PC and launch RecBoot.
- Click Enter Recovery to boot into recovery mode. iTunes should detect the device by now. Choose Okay, then choose Restore to reset the iPhone
Note : When you connect to iTunes on Pc, and you get “iTunes could not connect with your iPhone because it is locked with a passcode”. Don’t be scared.. Just follow the steps below
- Plug the iPhone to your PC and open iTunes.
- Hold the Sleep button and the Home button down for 10 seconds. Wait till you see a message saying “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode”
- Choose OK and Restore to begin the restoring process.
Method 2 : Reset iPhone without passcode using iTunes backup:
- Connect your device to PC and wait for it to sync. All your data will be saved on the PC.
- Now, select Restore from the option on iTunes. Your Phone will boot up after reset is completed. Note this only works on trusted computer
Method 3: Reset iPhone without passcode from iCloud:
- Launch iCloud in your PC web browser.
- Enter username and password to login
- Check devices connected to your account to locate the one you want to unlock.
- Select Erase Operation for that device.
- Start a restore operation for the device you just erased and wait while it complete
- Once completed, set up a new passcode on your iPhone
Don’t forget to backup your phone before you factory reset your iPhone, you can sync to iTunes and create full backup, which can be restored afterwards..