Android co-founder, Andy Rubin has finally unveiled its Essential phone 1 smartphone with some impressive features. Although, it wasn’t the 5-7-inch display or Snapdragon 835 processor that make it impressive.
But for its edge-to-edge display, a magnetic connector for snapping on accessories, stereo speakers, titanium frame, and it supports 24 LTE bands.
There are accessories available on the Essential Phone 1, and the accessories are the Essential Phone Dock, 360 camera and other accessories which will be declared.
It is very interesting when Andy says he create Essential Phone 1 to solve the problem of modern smartphone technology that clutters the live of people using it. It is impressive that the Android co-founder take a step to make a solution.Andy’s words:
” But the real reason is because of what happened during a night out with an old friend of mine. As the night went on we inevitably began talking about what we didn’t like about the current state of technology. Less and less choice. More and more unnecessary features cluttering our lives. An increasing sea of products that didn’t work with one another…
And just when I was about to drop another criticism it hit me: I am partly responsible for all of this.
For all the good Android has done to help bring technology to nearly everyone it has also helped create this weird new world where people are forced to fight with the very technology that was supposed to simplify their lives. Was this what we had intended? Was this the best we could do?
The question that we will have to answer is this, How does the Essential Phone solve this problem? Yes, the phone runs Android, but Essential says it is with adjustment. Phone 1 has a tall order and is a drool-worthy device. But given all that we know about it, it does not look like it will record widespread adoption. Have a look at the specifications below.
Essential Phone 1 Specifications
Network and Software
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- CDMA: EV-DO Rev. A: 0, 1, 10
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE + VoLTE 1(2100) / 2 / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 11 / 12(700) / 13 / 17(700) / 20(800) / 21 / 25 / 26 / 28(700) / 29 / 30 / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500) / 42 / 43
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Dimensions: 141.5 x 71.1 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- Display: 5.7-inch, 2560 x 1312 pixels ( PPI), LTPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint. Proximity. Ambient light. Barometer. Accelerometer. Magnetometer. Gyroscope
- Build: Titanium body + Ceramic back
- Colours: Black Moon. Stellar Grey. Pure White. Ocean Depths
- Processor Type: 64-bit Kryo 280 Octa-core 2.45 GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540, 710MHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: None
- Rear: Dual 13 megapixels RGB + 13 megapixels Mono, f/1.85, Phase Detect and IR Laser Assist Focus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Video recording: 4K @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixels, f/2.2, 4k video recording
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: BoomSound™ Hi-Fi edition
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: v3.1, Type-C
- Charging: Quick Charge 3.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3040 mAh
- Announced: May 30, 2017
- Availability: June 2017
- Launch Price: $699