Cloud storage is an alternative storage in keeping your files and other information on your devices. Although, when it comes to security, you must be suspicious.
For some reason, people think it is easy to hack into the cloud storage service. But notwithstanding, there are still some ways to keep your cloud data secure.
11 CLOUD STORAGE SAFETY TIPS
- Read the terms and the conditions of your chosen service, and make sure you are satisfied with them.
- Ensure that your uploads and downloads are encrypted, if possible, use a service that keeps your data encrypted in the cloud and also limits the amount of people that can access it.
- Do not upload anything that you won’t be comfortable with having accessed by someone else.
- Do not upload any content on public WiFI, like at a café or a library. And also, keep your home WiFi password-protected.
- Use multiple cloud services for an added layer of redundancy and back up everything outside the cloud as well
- Do not upload any sensitive information to the cloud. This includes nude pictures, medical records and financial information.
- Don’t tell anyone your password, and make sure your password is very strong.
- Be prepared in case you lose your laptop, the cloud storage servers crash, or anything else.
- There are some tools you can use to encrypt your data before you upload it to the cloud. These include Boxcryptor, Spideroak, etc. and use them to secure your data before it gets to the cloud.
- Don’t assume that a cloud storage service will be reliable and you’re unlikely to be disappointed when it turns out not to be
- The most important tips is that you should make sure that the service you choose has a good security before using it.