As at last year November Sony began to move the Android 7.0 Nougat update to its premium line of smartphones.
One thing we know is that the Sony Xperia X and Xperia X compact both got the Nougat Update back then in December but now there have been report from users that the company is now releasing out Android 7.1.1 Nougat to the two devices mentioned earlier.
From a notice on their blog we got an info that the new update for Sony Xperia X and Xperia X Compact will provide Android 7.1.1 Nougat through a new build numbers 34.3.A.0.194. Amazingly it comes with the latest June Android security patches for the Xperia X and Xperia X Compact.
Although it is not clear whether the Nougat version will be made available globally but it is being released to most of the Xperia X and Xperia X Compact users including the June Android security patch update that will be added to it.
Sony Xperia X and Compact Android 7.1.1 Change log
- Keyboard image insertion
- New emojis
- clock widget (missing)
- Circular app icons and many more
There is only one problem ,owners of these devices report that the app shortcuts feature seen not to be working on their phone.
SPECIFICATIONS OF SONY XPERIA X COMPACT
- Display: 4.6-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) IPS display
- hexa-core Snapdragon 650 processor
- Storage: 3 GB of RAM
- Camera options:23 MP rear camera + 5 MP front camera
- USB Type:C port
- Sensor: IMX300
- Charging Capacity:supports quick charge
SPECIFICATIONS OF SONY XPERIA X
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 SoC
- Storage:3 GB of RAM; 32 GB inbuilt storage that’s expandable storage support up to 200GB via microSD card
- Camera Options:23 MP rear camera + 13.0 MP front camera
- Sensor:1/2.3-inch Exmor RS sensor
Other features includes predictive hybrid autofocus, and pulse LED flash.