Have you been searching the web for General Requirements for UK Visa in Nigeria and how to apply for UK Visa 2017/2018 in Nigeria, If that is the case then I rejoice with you? In this article, we will be considering all necessary information to get you ready for your next move to the embassy while the UK Visa fees and UK Visa processing time in Nigeria will also be discussed
We all know that there are various reasons why people choose to travel abroad, some embark on the journey in search of a better standard of living while some for tourism, for work or for education, whatever yours is there is a need to equip yourself with authentic and accurate information on getting a UK visa?
You will agree with me that there are some requirements you need to meet before you can start the processing of your UK visa application in Nigeria. One of which includes a valid international passport with a validity period of at least 30 days.
So if you are yet to acquire one then you need to visit any immigration office closest to you or simply apply online.Now before we move to the guide on how to apply for UK Visa in Nigeria we shall be looking at the different types of UK visas in Nigeria to know which suit your travel plans.
What are the different types of UK Visa?
A UK visa as you may already know is a legal and official document issued by the United Kingdom to an intending traveler to the UK for different reasons including education, tourism, business, or for permanent residency. That said there are two types of visa, the short stay visa, as well as long stay visa, here are the different types of short visit visa
- Short-term study visa
- Marriage visitor visa
- Standard visitor visa (needed for a tourist)
- Permitted paid engagement visa
- Parent of a Tier-4 child visa.
However, for long visits, you will need the following types of visas:
*Diplomatic visas for government officials on formal assignments.
*Student visas (lasts for a period up to 3 years) for individuals that intend to study in the UK.
3 types of Student visas:
*Students that intend studying for less than 6 months in the UK get a short-term study visa.
*Students aged more than sixteen years that intend studying in the United Kingdom get a tier 4 (General) student visa.
*And Students aged between four & seventeen years that intend studying in independent schools in the UK get a tier 4 (Child) student visa.
General Requirements for UK Visa in Nigeria
- An application form for UK visa filed on the internet
- The appropriate visa fee
- An ECOWAS travel passport that is valid
- A recent passport-sized photograph that is colored and taken on a white background. Its dimension should be 45mm by 35mm.
For non-Nigerians, you need to present proof of permission to be in the UK. such as a residence permit, green card, and others including the following:
*An invitation letter
*A copy of the page of your passport data
*Original copy of marriage certificate for people who want to travel with their partners
*Original copies of the birth certificates for parents that intend to travel with their children.
*Financial proof via a recent original statement of account
*Details of hotel bookings as well as flight bookings
*Recent utility bills.
If you are traveling for a business or official trip you will have to attach the affirmation documents to your visa application:
- An invitation letter
- Phone numbers of your company
- Physical address
- Complete details of the authorized company rep.
How to Apply for UK Visa 2017/2018 in Nigeria – UK Visa Application in Nigeria
The following steps are required for UK visa applicants from Nigeria:
1. Complete an online application form: You can use UK application centers in Abuja and Lagos to apply for the visa. Submit the required at these centers and then fill your form with ease for study and work visas or here for any other type.
2. Make payment for the visa type you want: After carrying out the first step, visit the website of UK immigration to know the visa type you will be applying for. The visa fees vary based on the required type of visa.
3. Schedule an appointment: You will get GWF number after taking the two steps above. A confirmation email will then be sent to you which will contain the location of your appointment with the application center for UK visa and the needed documents.
4. Attend the appointment: Go to the UK visa application center for your appointment with the necessary documents.
UK Visas Application Center Addresses in Nigeria
Abuja Address: UK Visas Application Centre, 3rd floor, El-Yakub Building beside Metro Plaza, Plot 1129 Zakariya Maimalari Str., Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria.
Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday – Friday
Lagos Address: UK Visa Application Centre, Ground and 1st Floors, Etiebets Place, 21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday – Friday
That is all there is to know about how to apply for UK Visa in Nigeria, and finally, it may take up to 4 – 6 days for processing your visa application and may last a bit longer for an applicant with a history of crime or rejection. that said there is a premium service to get your application processed the same day but goes for a fee.