Apple AirTags offer a convenient solution for keeping track of your belongings, from keys to backpacks and everything in between. However, there may come a time when you need to reset an AirTag—to reassign it to a different item, give it to someone else, or troubleshoot a connectivity issue. Resetting an AirTag is a straightforward process that ensures it’s ready for a fresh setup or new use. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step instructions on how to reset Apple AirTag, allowing you to make the most of this innovative tracking device. Whether you’re an experienced AirTag user or just getting started, knowing how to reset an AirTag can be helpful in various scenarios.
To reset an Apple AirTag, follow these steps:
- Open the “Find My” App: Ensure you have the “Find My” app installed on your Apple device.
- Remove the Battery: Open the AirTag by twisting off the back cover. Then, remove the battery.
- Reinsert the Battery: Wait for a few moments and then reinsert the battery into the AirTag.
- Reset with the App: In the “Find My” app, tap on the AirTag you want to reset.
- Remove AirTag: Scroll down and tap on “Remove Item.” This will effectively reset the AirTag.
- Re-Pair (Optional): If you wish to use the AirTag again, you can re-pair it with your Apple device by bringing it close to the device and following the setup instructions.
Please note that once an AirTag is reset, it will no longer be trackable by your Apple device, and you’ll need to set it up again if you wish to use it for tracking. Resetting is useful when you want to reassign an AirTag to a different item or if you plan to give it to someone else for their use.