Facebook fundraising is a platform that enables users to raise fund by asking a stranger or a friend to make donations to their own personal fundraiser account. It has been greatly improved upon because formally the service was only made available for non-profits and they could begin a fundraiser on Facebook, but now users that are over 18 years of age can now also make use of this service.
Unfortunately, the Facebook fundraising is only made available in the US for now and only users from there can enjoy the fundraiser service along with the addition of some new categories such as; community and sport.This has been the moment that Facebook has been waiting for to fully launch their personal fundraising tool which they have been testing since March.
Personal fundraising tool is also in a similar move to some other well-known websites like GoFundMe which is also rendering some fundraising services for its users.
The Facebook fundraising users will now be able to raise some money, which could be expenses based on Personal Emergencies, Community issues, Crisis Relief, Medical support and some other related areas where money might be needed.
How to raise money using Facebook Fundraising tool?
- Tap on the menu icon on your mobile device, then scroll down and select Fundraisers
- Tapping on that, you will be prompted three options of which you are to choose from they include; Friend or Someone, Something Not on Facebook and Yourself.
- Select a category either Community, Medical, or anyone your Fundraising falls under
- Name it a title and then you should enter your details information and create an emotional story, having done that donations will be paid to the account you added directly.
In order to do this setup on a desktop go on to facebook.com/fundraisers or better still, you can check for Fundraisers located in the left side menu of your News Feed and follow the rest of the setups highlighted above.
How can you start a Facebook Fundraiser if you are a non-profit
- Tap on the menu icon on your mobile device, then scroll down and select Fundraisers.In order to do this setup on a desktop go on to facebook.com/fundraisers or better still, you can check for Fundraisers located in the left side menu of your News Feed and follow the rest of the setups below.
- Then select and search for a Nonprofit type, and give it a title, and you will also have to create an emotional story.
- Then click on Create to start raising money, donations will then be paid to the account you added directly.
You can get the Personal fundraisers tool on Desktop, Android, and IOS. Have it in mind that there is a 6.9% + 30 cents fee that goes into payment processing, vetting, security and fraud protection.Having accomplished all those
Facebook says that all the Fundraisers will be reviewed on within 24 hours to get approved or disapproved.